Thursday, August 23, 2012

Engaging the Heart on your Mat


I began to practice yoga consistently almost four years ago. Although I was first introduced to it around the age of fifteen and practiced on and off during my dancer years it's benefits didn't dawn on me until I was pregnant with my son. When I first started to practice I had great teachers such as Bertha (From Firefly) and so many others at Dharma Yoga Studio in Coconut Grove (Cat, Natalie, Loree and more). However, one of the teachers that truly inspired me to go deeper into yoga was Jason Lawner. About six months after I began to practice with Jason my family and I moved to Pembroke Pines Florida.  I had to re situate myself in the yoga community and then I decided to get certified. As I began to look for a good, well rounded certification I came across other studios and teachers. Then one day I walked into Yogi Hari's Ashram and immediately knew that was the place for me. There I began to study intensely and for almost the last year I've taken class no where else but at the ashram. Recently as my teaching schedule picked up my classes interfered with the classes offered at the ashram. Although I do self practice almost daily I wanted a class, plain and simple. I tried a couple and felt dissatisfied. Not by the asana practice but by the way yoga was presented. Physically I was challenged but that was about it. This past weekend I attend after many, many months one of Jason Lawner's workshops at 305 Yoga. For the first time in a long time I laid on my mat at the end and felt satisfied, it felt like home. Thank Jason for sharing yoga with such sincerity, with all its depth and knowledge. Namaste.

To know more about Yogi Hari's Ashram visit: http://www.yogihari.com/
To know more about Jason Lawner visit: http://www.jasonlawner.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment